Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns storing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's survey them. Thus, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you'd like to have a web portal, e-mails, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between autonomous sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a large amount of pictures with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some firms offer hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to possess as many video clips as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Alpha, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content exclusively.